Instructor Led – Safe Hose Assembly
The Safe Hose Assembly course is aimed at any person operating, assembling, or maintaining hoses. Hoses are an integral part of most offshore and onshore operations, so the relevant training must be undertaken to ensure safe practice and proper assembly in order to minimise the risk of injury due to a technical or mechanical error. It is especially important on-board vessels and offshore platforms to properly assemble, maintain and quickly identify faults present in hoses in order to negate potential damage, injury, or death due to malfunctioning equipment. This course also emphasises health and safety, appropriate fittings for specific scenarios and when the use of a hose is necessary.
The material covered in the Safe Hose Assembly course is instructor led, including interactive classroom activities.
Safe Hose Assembly
Training Course Objective
The Safe Hose Assembly course is aimed at any person operating, assembling, or maintaining hoses. Hoses are an integral part of most offshore and onshore operations, therefore the relevant training must be undertaken in order to ensure safe practice and proper assembly, so as to minimise the risk of injury due to a technical or mechanical error.
The material covered in this course is instructor led, including interactive classroom activities.
Safe Hose Assembly course topics and activities include:
- Hose construction: The planning phase behind building a hose which conforms to all current health and safety regulations.
- Hose types: Defining the characteristics that enable the swift and easy identification of a variety of different hose types.
- Assembly procedures: The steps required to construct a hose.
- Assembly fault recognition: Identifying faults that can occur during the assembly process.
- Fitting selections/types: Ensuring the right fittings are used.
- Health and safety: This course focuses on how to operate hoses correctly, identify components that need to be replaced and the current legislation regarding this equipment.
Upon completion of the classroom element of this course the learner will possess the necessary theoretical knowledge required to assemble and maintain hoses safely.
The Safe Hose Assembly classroom course has a duration of one full day. This knowledge can then be expanded upon by further practical training and experience which can be delivered as a follow-up to this course on customer site, lasting one to four days depending upon each customer’s requirements.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
This classroom course can be supplemented with practical teaching conducted in the workplace.