OPITO – Competence Assessor (Blended Learning) – (9018)
The OPITO Competence Assessor (Blended Learning) course is designed to provide delegates the opportunity to undertake the OPITO Competence Assessor (9018) course without the need to travel / attend a physical class or physical course delivery. The course can be completed at a time / place that is suitable to you.
This method of course delivery is a temporary method that OPITO have approved due to the current Covid 19 Pandemic situation.
The theory element of the course is delivered using e-learning (Course Slides / Videos), and there is a 60 minute assessment on completion of the theory element, in line with the classroom based training delivery.
The practical elements of the course will be completed following completion of the e-learning component, by attending ‘virtual Zoom meetings’ – these meetings will be conducted on a scheduled basis.
SAFER Training are here to help and assist you throughout the course.
If you require to register more than 1 delegate, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you assistance.
OPITO Competence Assessor Award
This accredited OPITO Competence Assessor Award programme has been specifically designed for delegates who:
- Have access to 2 candidates with the same discipline
- Are considered technically competent in the area they are expected to assess
- Are required to carry out assessments and make assessment decisions
- Are prepared to ask candidates questions as required to clarify an element of the standard(s) being assessed
- Have the ability to judge whether the candidate’s performance/responses are acceptable and satisfy the requirements of the standard(s) being assessed
- Have the ability to correctly complete the assessment paperwork/report
- Are able to give constructive feedback to the candidate on the results of the assessment
The OPTIO Competence Assessor Award Certificate indicates that the delegate has achieved the level of competence required to be recognised as an OPITO Certified Competence Assessor.
The training consists of the following units:
- Introduction to Assessment
- Planning and Carrying out the Assessment
- Feedback and Record Keeping
Delegates will complete an open book written test, maximum 60 minutes, testing the underpinning knowledge of the theory outcomes of the OPITO Competence Assessor Training Standard.
Workplace Evidence Requirements
In order to achieve the Workplace Evidence Requirements, delegates must submit, as a minimum, the assessment-related documentation listed below to SAFER Training within a twelve month period. Two candidates must be assessed in the workplace and the same two candidates must be used throughout the assessment process:
a) A minimum of one Assessment Plan for each candidate containing the following information:
- Who is to be involved in the assessment
- Unit(s)/Criteria/Task to be assessed
- Planned assessment date(s)
- Assessment method(s) to be used including, as a minimum, observation or simulation and questioning (per candidate).
b) Records for each candidate demonstrating that the planned assessments were carried out using appropriate assessment methods
c) An assessment record for each candidate demonstrating that the evidence gathered in the assessment is mapped against the relevant Unit(s)/Criteria/Task
d) Records of feedback to each candidate which include the assessment decision made
e) Internal Verification Records of both assessments by the employing organisation’s representative responsible for the quality assurance of assessment decisions
OPITO Exclusion Notes:
- Achievement of this qualification does not entitle the holder to award any certificate bearing OPITO’s logo and name. OPITO-approved certificates can only be granted by an OPITO-approved provider.
- The holder of the OPITO Competence Assessor certificate may not be recognised to assess qualifications issued by other organisations e.g. National or Scottish Vocational Qualifications in the UK. Delegates should clarify with the relevant organisation prior to conducting assessment.