The OPITO Rigger Training (Stage 1) is a 3 day course and the purpose of this training is to provide delegates with a series of explanations and practical demonstrations which will identify what they are expected to know when performing rigging operations.
Practical rigging gives the delegates first-hand knowledge of how the equipment operates and for what purpose each piece of equipment is used.
The syllabus covers the following:
- Provides an understanding of initial planning of task at hand
- Environmental considerations
- Proximity hazards
- Attaching/ detaching and securing loads.
- De-rating of equipment- quarantining of equipment
- Pre-use inspections, post use inspections
- Preparation of lifting plans
- Sling angles and how they are affected, effects of sling angels and tension on slings
- Delegates will work in teams to complete various complex rigging tasks involving cross hauling and general routine lifts.
- Delegates will be required to plan given rigging tasks assessed on their own skills and knowledge.
More information regarding the sylabus / learning outcomes can be found here.