OPITO Internal Verifier Course - The OPITO approved Internal Verifier course is aimed at authenticating an organisation’s assessor’s judgements to ensure assessments are carried out consistently.
The OPITO approved Internal Verifier course is aimed at authenticating an organisation’s assessor’s judgements to ensure assessments are carried out consistently.
This award is designed to be utilised by any organisation where verification of competence assessments is required as part of a competence management system.
The role of the Internal Verifier is to monitor the work of all assessors involved in the assessment, ensuring accuracy and consistency of all activities and decisions.
OPITO Internal Verifier Course Objectives
The objectives of this training are that upon completion, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and scope of internal verification and recognise the roles and responsibilities involved in quality assurance
- Recognise how to support assessors
- Monitor and verify assessment records
- Ensure record keeping and feedback are robust
- Assure the competency process
The training consists of the following modules and elements:
- Introduction to Internal Verification
1.1 Introduction to Internal Verification
2. The Internal Verifiers Role
2.1 Supporting Assessors
2.2 Monitoring and Verifying the Quality of Assessments
2.3 Record Keeping and Feedback
2.4 Assuring the Competency Process
Delegates will complete an open book written test, maximum 60 minutes, in an invigilated environment, to test their underpinning knowledge of the theory Learning Outcomes (1-23) of the OPITO Internal Verifier Training Standard.
Workplace Evidence Requirements
In order to complete this training programme delegates must submit, as a minimum, the verification- related documentation listed below to the OPITO-approved Training Provider within a twelve month period. Two assessors must be verified in the workplace and the same two assessors must be used throughout the verification process:
- A minimum of one IV sampling plan, which includes a minimum of two assessment decisions made by two assessors
- IV report(s) that include the results of internal verifications, covering both assessors and two of their assessment decisions plus copies of the assessment records used in reaching each IV decision
- Evidence that documented feedback has been provided to both assessors and has been signed by both assessors
- Evidence of a minimum of one standardisation activity carried out by the delegate
For attendance on the Internal Verifier Training Programme, delegates must provide evidence that they have access to a minimum of two assessors undertaking an assessment process in their workplace.